The Bramble Cottage Dog Grooming Blog is now up and running! To celebrate here's a picture of the new BCDG microfiber towels (embroidered with our logo!) just arrived and waiting for your pooch :-)
At Bramble Cottage we like to use microfiber (a synthetic fiber that is finer than one denier - this diameter is smaller than a strand of silk!) towels as:
- They absorb water much more rapidly without the need for rubbing (better for your pooch's coat!);
- You don't have to rub hair to get the water out so there is minimal friction between the towel and hair fibres - less friction means less breakage and a nicer coat;
- Hair that's been wrapped in a microfiber towel will dry a lot faster than hair that's been wrapped in a regular towel;
- Microfiber doesn't produce lint (bits of white fluff). Lint from regular towels can cause hair tangles.
- It helps to reduce hair "frizziness".
We Don't use heated cage dryers at BCDG. Never. Ever. I like my dogs to have a spa treatment experience rather then being in a factory environment :-) (see more on this in an upcoming blog post!)